Girls With Ideas believes that all girls can be leaders, but not all leaders are the same!
We created a special quiz to help girls learn more about their leadership strengths. Take a few minutes to answer our quick and easy quiz and find out if you are a Lightning Bolt, Heart, Arrow, or Anchor leader!
Love the digital version so much you want to print out a copy for all your friends? Check out our Free Resources page and download a printable copy!
Once you've Got your results, read all about your leadership style!
Learn all about the Heart Leader below, or click on your leadership style on the left!
The Heart Leader
Oh sweet Heart, you are someone that everyone loves! You are always offering sincere love and affection for friends and family, making everyone see they can trust you. Because people often come to you to talk about their feelings, you have developed natural skills that make you very motivational and uplifting. Your charisma and charm makes others want to hear what you have to say, and because you truly care for others you will always be surrounded by people who want to help you succeed.
- Offering a helping hand to anyone, whether it’s holding the door for a stranger or helping your neighbor carry in her groceries.
- Making eye contact and listening to others, asking them questions and getting to learn more about them. You treat others like they’re the only person in the room, and they appreciate the attention you give them.
- Sometimes called the ‘mom’ of the group, you are the one that makes sure that everyone is comfortable: whether that’s giving someone a snack, giving her one of your ear buds so she can listen to your music, or reminding everyone that your friend’s birthday is tomorrow.
- Being the confidant; friends always come to you first when they have big news or when they need to unload a secret or something that’s been on their mind.
- Finding the silver lining when things happen that we didn’t expect or don’t understand.
A Heart leader is a good listener, charismatic, motivational and, above all else, loving.
Working With Others
- Heart leaders are driven by the desire to make others happy and a Lightning Bolt leader is all about having a good time. When they team up, Heart and Lightning Bolt leaders can create a super positive environment where everyone feels valued and walks away with tons of new memories. Play on each other’s strengths and create a team that others look at with heart eyes and #squadgoals.
- The Heart is determined to find something special in everyone, and it’s easy to do with the Arrow. The Arrow makes herself known, with a unique style, approach, and a single goal in mind. The Heart is drawn to an Arrow because of her openness, and often these two are instant BFFs. When they work together, the Arrow leads the direction while the Heart leads the people. They take turns sharing both the responsibility and the praise and when the project is done they stay to clean up after everyone has left. Together, these girls are top-notch leaders.
- Anchors and Hearts go together like mac ‘n cheese. The Heart is inclusive by nature, so she always makes sure that the Anchor’s amazing ideas are heard. Because Anchor leaders are incredibly thoughtful, they appreciate the Heart leader’s empathetic approach and respond by working harder than she ever dreamed of. Where there is hard work, there is success. Heart and Anchor leader combos have a team that is grounded, focused, and overwhelmingly collaborative.
Famous Heart Leaders*
One of our founders, Angie, is a Heart leader! She loves us, and we love her back for her passion, words of encouragement, and unquestionable charm. Our team wouldn't be complete without our Heart leader!
But wait, there's more! We thought up a bunch of girlbosses that we love for their love. Who else would you add to this list?
*None of these famous people took the quiz (yet), so we're just having a little bit of fun and taking our best guess!
New Favorite Quote
Everyone has leadership strengths (especially you)! We believe that by focusing on your strengths (read: not your weaknesses) you will continue to grow as a leader.
Tell us about yourself! Comment below with something you love about your leadership style!