It’s February, which means that we are about two weeks away from Valentine’s Day. Every time Valentine’s Day rolls around, we start to see articles surface about love, how to show it, and the perfect gifts for the holiday. However, lovely time of year is also a great time to take some time to yourself. Showing yourself love is incredibly important, so we have a list of ways that you can #loveyoself this February.
1. Organize your space. It’s easier to think in a clean space, plus you’ll thank yourself a week down the line when you can find everything you need without having to dig through piles of junk.
2. Dress up. There’s nothing quite looking in the mirror after getting all dressed up and giving yourself a big “wow, you look good!”
3. Dress down. Put on some sweatpants, leave your hair messy, and skip the makeup. Learn to love yourself at your messiest.
4. Meditate or do yoga. Both meditation and yoga are great ways to clear the mind and calm down from the stress of everyday life.
5. Cook your favorite meal. Or dessert. Or cook your favorite dessert for a meal.
6. Work out. Taking care of your body is a great way to show yourself love. Plus when you’re 80 years-old with a healthy heart, you’ll be glad that you took initiative when you were young.
7. Read a good book. Curl up with some tea (or whatever drink floats your boat), a fuzzy blanket, and take some time to just read. Reading can help spark creativity and escape from reality.
8. Write down the things you love most about yourself. This might seem silly, but how often do you really take time to think about all the things you love about yourself? It’ll be uplifting to realize how many wonderful qualities you recognize in yourself.
9. Go for a walk. Getting fresh air and admiring nature allows you to take a break and clear your head.
10. Surround yourself with good people. The saying that you are who you surround yourself with has some validity. When you surround yourself with people that are going to encourage you and lift you up, you’re much more likely to feel the same way towards yourself.
11. Make a bucket list. What do you want to accomplish in your life? Come up with a list of the things you want to do, and then go do them!
12. Treat yourself. Whatever this may be. For some, it might be going to do something that they’ve always wanted to. For others, it’s a cupcake at their favorite bakery. To each their own.
In a time that’s so focused on loving others, don’t forget to love yourself. Self-love is something that will carry you through the good times and the bad times. It will radiate to the people around you and speak to the awesome person that you are.